Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ecclesiology meets Hiphop?

Lampmode Records latest album entitled "The Church: Called and Collected" is solid ecclesiology on top of a landscape of hiphop beats.

I bought the album primarily to support Lamp Mode and the 9 Marks movement of a healthy church. After listening to the album several times, I've left convicted and challenged to be more involved in my local church.

I had never imagined this album would challenge me so much. I thought it'd just be another album to jam while driving to the grocery story with the windows down, but instead it was like picking up a Wayne Grudem book.

Stephen the Levite's song on the album entitled "Membership" is one that has really spoken to me. Since I'm involved in full-time ministry during the week, I often neglect "putting-in-work" at my church. This idea of mine is unbiblical and gives me no excuse for excluding myself from my church.

I didn't make this song a Mp3 download but you can listen here:
Stephen the Levite- "Membership" by djmilhouse

One of my favorite verses of the song is this one:

"Membership is being a part of the body,
but how can you be a body part
when being apart from the body?"



Here is a promotional video from Lamp Mode.



This compilation album features Shai Linne, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Flame, and uses samples of sermons from Mark Dever and Thabiti Anyabwile so you know it's solid!

This album is a must have and I hope many HHH artist pick it up because it's very much needed in that community.

You can purchase the album here:

http://www.merchline.com/lampmode/productdisplay.11081.p.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment